Monday, December 12, 2005

Sadly, No!

Now I love Brad & Seb & Gavin -- to the extent this site gets any traffic at all, it's because of them. And they are funny, very funny talented bloggers; I'd like them even if they were Republicans (humor is stronger than ideology). S,N! is the best blog, ever. But I respectfully disagree with Brad's contention that John Cole is not a hack:

In other words, they're mindless hacks who never criticize their own party. (I should note that this doesn't apply to conservative blogs like Maguire or John Cole- I'm mostly thinking of our friends at Powerline.)


Au contraire, Brad. John Cole is a hack, a nutjob, and a douchebag. Brad allows that

Cole can be an arrogant jack-ass, but that doesn't make him a hack. I don't always agree with him, but I usually feel like he makes sincere arguments.


But I'm not so sure sincerity is the criterion that should be used to distinguish hacks from non-hacks.

I think the problem here is of relativity. Brad's right to note that there's a difference between Cole and the likes of Powerline, but c'mon, is it really a meaningful distinction? Sadly, No! Just because John Cole's analingal skills aren't up to the tongue-inserting expertise by which Powerline rims the Bush Administration doesn't mean that John Cole doesn't dutifully toss Republican salads, too.

Hack.
Hack.
Hack.
Hack.
Hack.
Hack (scroll down to second comment).
Hack.
Hack.