Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Chocolates

I don't have much of a sweet tooth, but driving back from the farm last night, I stopped for some munchies, and bought a Snickers with almonds.

Which was okay.

But I recieved a package from Oz today (thank you, Poly!) full of Tim Tams. There's no comparison. I've read in places that American chocolate (or, for that matter soft drinks) aren't as good as the rest of the world's because we don't use cane sugar anymore, but instead use high fructose corn sweetener. Sounds plausible to me. I'm telling you, there is a difference, for whatever reason. Tim Tams are obscenely yummy.

If we're going to be a nation of fatasses, why can't we at least have a good reason for it? For a nation that's supposedly and self-proclaimedly Number One at everything, our sweets are surely for shit compared to the rest of the world's.

Excuse me now while I binge.