Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Another One Bites The Dust?

It looks like Brett Marston has pretty much quit blogging, and though it doesn't bring me the joy that I felt when I heard that Milton Bradley had discontinued Stratego, I do feel a certain relief -- for him.

He's too nice a guy to join in the current slugfest, yet he's too honest to go the Kristoff "It's not nice to call Bush a liar even if he is one!" route. Besides, anyone would get weary of constantly debating dissemblers like Chafetz.

Actually, he mentions his circumstances have changed which explains his absence. I sincerely wish him the best.

In one of the rare recent posts, however, he mentions that he still reads Defective Yeti, an admittedly well-written blog with possibly the greatest logo/photo in the history of the blogsphere.

But I don't read it anymore. Its author is political -- though Marston is right to say that politics is not the thrust of the blog -- and what's more, to my mind his politics are excellent (progessive independent).

Which makes the Jonah Goldberg-love that much more mysterious.

But anyway, I'm not an apparatchik; I quit reading the Yeti because it's so bobo, and I don't mean politically. The author is much more talented and much much less ..well, retarded than Lileks, but I still see bleating as the blog's ultimate future: domesticity, suburbanism ..boring. Not that it's bad, it's just not interesting to me.

But then I originally read the Yeti for the movie reviews.

So long, Brett; and you too, albino Chewbacca.